How To Form A Drumming Cirlce
Image from Roland on Flickr
Drumming circles open portals to alternate realities. They facilitate a merging of the physical and spiritual realms. They expedite communication with helping spirits and draw them in. The drumming circle also links the consciousness of each participant to the entire web of life. It develops a continuous, shared consciousness with all our relations. Even small groups of people of one mind, one purpose, and fully attuned through the drums can transform the world and manifest what is needed to benefit all beings.
The article has alot of details about the steps involved. Here is a quick summary:
1. Join together, forming a circle.
2. Create sacred space by smudging.
3. Invoke the four directions.
4. Formulate the group intention.
5. Drum the eagle-beat and focus on the group intention.
6. End the prayer round with four thundering beats.
7. Drum the heartbeat and focus on the sound of the drums.
8. When the power ebbs, signal end of healing round with four booming beats.
9. Drum the eagle-beat, offering thanks.
10. End the drumming with four resounding beats.