Launched in October 2010, The Shaman's Well delivers a steady stream of content for those following a shamanic path. Notice that we are not delivering content just about shamanism. We strive to support the growth of those on the shamanic path by bringing them in depth articles about shamanism, but also including ideas on Yoga, Health, Buddhism and other topics.
Meeting our goals
We hope this will be a site where the content is compelling enough to urge you to stop by multiple times a week. Here's how we hope to accomplish that:
- We have content that will show you new subjects.
- We pique your interest in an area you are already familiar with.
- We bring you content, trying to keep a shamanic viewpoint, no matter the subject.
- We form an interactive community that you get to know
- Most of all, it is a comfortable, loving placing to visit, learn, and interact
What we are offering
Out of the gate we have several offerings to meet this goals:
- Blog posts either originally written or highlighting posts from around the web
- Article links to related information
- Recommended sites in many areas
- Books, with some ratings and comments in many areas
- Some quotes to inspire and to make you think
- Places for you to comment, review, or ask questions
- An intuitive interface to help you drill down into what we offer
This is phase 1 of the site. We hope to build out new sections of the site including:
- A practitioner listing section to find practitioners in your area
- An events section to tell others about your events
- A Circles listing of local drumming, reading, women's, shamanic circles
- Comments and reviews of workshops and organizations
We will be looking for writers
If you'd like to become a contributor to our blog, please visit this writers page and let us know what you'd like to write.
We will be looking for advertisers
We have to find a way to pay for all this! We will be looking for advertisers both big and small. We have a few lined up already, and will be building out the advertising features soon. Our goal is to make the advertisements an added value to the users for the site as well as the advertisers. An example would be having ads for Shamanic Yoga classes on the Yoga page.
Please visit our page for advertisers for more information.
We want your feedback
We want to hear about what you like about the site and what you think we could do better with. The more feedback we get, the better we will be able to adjust to what site visitors want in their experience.
For most feedback, we'd like you to use the Feedback topic in the forum.
If there is something that you'd like to share only through an email, please send that to feedback @shamanswell.org.
Thanks for taking time to visit the site. Much munay,